Do you want to get benefits from the government scheme? Do you ever hear about the Ayushman Bharat Yojana? If yes, this article is perfect for you to gain the relevant information. One of the best schemes started by the Indian government, named the Aysuhman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY), aims to offer healthcare facilities to poor or economically challenged families.
Earlier, it was known as the Ayushman Bharat scheme, but now it is renamed and called the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. The main objective of this scheme is to provide the secondary and tertiary treatment completely cashless for the various sections of society.
Under this scheme, the beneficiaries get access to e-cards used to take the free hospitalization services, whether public or private, in the whole country. Let us give you brief information about this scheme, including its features and benefits.
Features and Benefits of PMJAY
- The beneficiary family is getting coverage of Rs. 5 lac every year.
- This scheme can be used to take primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare services.
- The advantages of this scheme can be accessed at any of the government hospitals or even at a private hospital.
- The beneficiary’s eligibility mainly focuses on the poor or weaker section families, such as rural families and the occupational category of urban families.
- The best thing is that you follow the package model to get the payment under this scheme. It will be defined by the government in the terms and charges of the payment that consists of the total cost, specific services, and procedure.
- The mission of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana is to establish effective coordination between the state and central governments.
- The major benefit of this scheme is to it covers the 40% Indian population who are belonged to the poor and vulnerable category.
- The incurred expenses by a beneficiary from their pocket during the hospitalization services are also covered easily.
Benefits of Health Insurance in India
- The main benefit of having a medical insurance plan is that you can easily avail of medical treatment without suffering effects on your finances.
- Many poor Indians belonging to rural or urban areas easily borrow money and pay their medical bills by utilizing the features of PMJAY.
- It helps to avoid the risk of the debt trap. You can get coverage up to 5 Lac for the treatment under the PMJAY. You can select a family insurance plan to protect your entire family.
- For the senior citizens of the country, it is suggested to buy a separate health insurance plan to get coverage for medical expenses.
In this article, we tell you about the features and benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Along with this, we also bring information about the advantages made by health insurance. It is highly recommended to buy health insurance plans so you are your family are not face uncertainty in the future.